I believe the Constitution should state clearly that the whole purpose of government is to secure our God-given Natural Rights; copying this statement of principle from the Declaration of Independence into the Preamble of the Constitution.
The following are some suggestions for Constitutional Amendments AFTER the Constitution is restored to its state as of March 27, 1861.
- Insert ", understanding the sole purpose of government is to secure our unalienable Natural Rights given to us by our Creator," after "We the People of the United States," in the preamble of the Constitution for the united States of America.
- No Central Bank shall exist, either at the Federal or State level, and no foreign persons, corporate or natural, shall have any interests in any bank within the United States or any of them.
- No man, woman, company, corporation, or government official shall have the power to attack, diminish, or deny the Natural Rights of the People of this Republic in any manner except when a man or woman has done harm to another man or woman and convicted by a fully informed jury of their peers and only while incarcerated. During incarceration it shall be the duty of the state to assume the defense of the person convicted against all harm to their person.
- No government or agency thereof within the United States or any of them can ever be a victim or have the ability to claim aggrieved status against the People; they are and evermore shall be our servants and incapable of becoming our masters.
No man, woman, company, corporation, or government within the United States or any of them, shall have the power to circumvent the limitations of the Constitution, nor have any power to limit the Natural Rights of the People by contract or any other legal device within the United States or any of them.
Corporations shall never be given the same status as People in law; not being created by God they cannot have Natural Rights, only privileges granted at the pleasure of the Legislature of the State; privileges that shall not impair, restrict, or diminish the Natural Rights of the People, either employed or otherwise contracted.
Any officer of the United States or any state that violates the terms of their oath at any time during their tenure in office shall forfeit their estate and cease to be a Citizen of the United States or any of them. If such officer commits treason by their action as defined in Article III, Section 3 of this Constitution, they shall suffer death upon conviction according to the method a jury of their peers shall prescribe.
- Under no circumstances shall anything be considered a crime unless the Natural Rights of one of the People or the sovereignty of a nation is infringed upon or attacked unjustly.
- Any officer of the United States or any of them that participates in, gives assent to, or otherwise aids an attack against the Natural Rights of the People within the united States, either voluntarily or involuntarily, or conspires to harm or attack the sovereignty of any foreign state without a formal Declaration of War by Congress shall, upon conviction, be stripped of their office and forfeit their estate as well as their Citizenship in the United States or any of them. If their action resulted in the death of one or more of the People or harm to a State, either in or outside of the united States, they shall suffer death upon conviction according to the method a jury of their peers shall prescribe.
I believe improvements can be made that enhance the limitations on Federal power from the lessons we have learned through Federal usurpation and corporate fraud and coercion. America's aristocracy, led by Alexander Hamilton, made great inroads circumventing the checks and balances placed by the Convention of 1787 through various legal ploys, such as the concept of "implied powers" and "the public good", which began to be used by the Supreme Court following the appointment of Justice John Marshall in 1801. Designing men and women will always exist and attempt to exert power over their fellow man in order to profit or control him… It is up to us to strengthen the bonds that keep people from gaining such power over the People; thereby destroying Republican government.
©2014, 2015, 2016 by Thomas Mick, All Rights Reserved.
Permission to distribute for non-commercial purposes is hereby granted, in whole or part, provided attribution and a link to this article is included. Commercial distribution without the written permission of the author is prohibited.